Ticks & Flea Control
Pets bring so much joy into our lives, but they also bring other not so desirable elements into our homes, like fleas and ticks. MHIS Pest Control Services can help rid your home of the vermin with our flea and tick control treatment program. Call (832) 323-2550 for more information. You can also request a quote online now. We serve Houston and the surrounding areas with all types of pest services including our state-of-the-art eco-friendly misting systems.
General Pest Treatment Package
GENERAL PEST TREATMENT
Quarterly service program that reduces current pest populations as well as creates a barrier against future insect intruders.
- Treats: cockroaches, ants, centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, spiders, crickets, earwigs, and wasps.
- Includes: Removal of wasp nests and spider webs from accessible areas.
Your Bugs Are Our Bugs. Take Back Your Outdoor Space Today!
Facts About Fleas
The primary pests that trouble dogs and cats are fleas.
- Fleas are parasites that feed on the blood of their host, which is often a dog, cat, or rodent.
- Fleas are vectors for disease.
- A flea infestation in an attic or crawlspace can indicate the presence of other vermin.
- Fleas lay their eggs on their host, but the eggs are not attached, so they fall off in all your pet’s favorite indoor locations. An adult female flea is prolific, laying 40 to 50 eggs at a time.
- Flea populations are resilient and grow quickly. They multiply right before your eyes. If not dealt with right away, you will have an infestation on your hands.
- Fleas hatch and then jump around looking for their next meal, which means they will most likely land on and bite you.
Flea Pest Control Measures
Because fleas and their eggs are so resilient, we employ a multi-step flea treatment process to get rid of them.
- On our initial visit, we inspect the property, inside and out, and treat all areas of active infestation as well as the most common flea harborage areas. When fleas are found inside, we must treat the interior, exterior, and pets at the same time. We will bring treatment for your pet with us if you don’t already have it.
- After our initial visit, it is important that you vacuum regularly, not only to remove fleas from flooring areas but also to agitate any remaining flea eggs. Fleas are sensitive to their surroundings and are attracted to things like motion, heat, and CO2. When you vacuum, it will help expose all of the fleas to our adulticides and insect growth regulators. For this reason, you may see some flea activity between your initial service and the follow-up visit.
- We will return in 21 days for a follow-up visit to monitor activity and treat again if necessary.
- If flea activity persists or returns within 60 days of initial service, let us know, and we’ll be back at no additional charge.
While many of our customers think that fleas and ticks are the same problem, they are actually very different. Ticks are arachnids, like spiders, and they don’t jump. Instead, they cling to tall grass, leaf litter, or brush, waiting for their unsuspecting victim to brush up against them. They then crawl to a favorite place on the body, attach, and begin feeding. Ticks are also carriers of serious diseases. Once again, we employ a multi-step treatment program:
- Initially, we treat all known areas of infestation, as well as all likely harborage areas. Common tick harborage areas may include shady areas, leaf piles, and areas frequented by pets.
- Twenty-one days later we conduct a follow-up visit to monitor progress and retreat if necessary.
- Because of their persistence and a life cycle that involves them usually feeding on three hosts, a third visit may be required to completely get a tick population under control.
- If ticks keep bugging you after the final service is completed, please let us know so we can get back out ASAP.
Why Choose Us?
There are so many reasons to choose us for pest control, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Operate as a family-owned business.
- Live in the neighborhoods we serve.
- Go the extra mile to serve clients by doing tasks like removing spider webs.
- Give discounts to veterans, first responders, and schoolteachers.
- Have the best-rated, eco-friendly products that are safe for families and pets.
- Feature a 2-in-1 Lawn Solutions system that allows application of pest control products and lawn fertilizer at the same time.
- Offer one-time treatments.
- Provide an economical and effective service package.
- Promise 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
First Steps Toward Reducing Ticks & Fleas
Enjoy your pets and give the pests the boot with MHIS Pest Control Services. Our tick and flea control treatment program will soon eradicate the intruders. Call (832) 323-2550. You can also request a quote online now. We serve Houston and the surrounding areas of Texas including Katy, Magnolia, Humble, Kingwood, and Willis.